Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Anika Noni Rose


Hey ya'll.

There are certain celebrities that I admire. Whether it's because of their roles, their talents, their personal style, etc.
So, today I want to shine the spotlight on Anika Noni Rose. I loved her in DreamGirls and she will always be known as the voice of Disney's first black princess (Tiara).

As I looked through her pics, I noticed her makeup choices usually fall on the neutral side. This pic showcases that tendency; but it also shows how glamor can sometimes accompany simplicity.

So, here's a challenge. Try this look and send me a pic. I'd love to share your skills with the group!

Happy painting!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I love the eyes on this Rattler. I'm going to have to try it and send you a pic. First, I need to update/expand my makeup supply. Suggestions on the best basics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Krystal.

    I forgive Anika for being a Rattler...lol
    Yes, for foundation I love Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. You can purchase it at any drug store or Walmart/Target. I also like MAC Studio Fix foundation. For eyeshadows, I would suggest a palette from Coastal Scents. There shadows have good pigmentation and you can get 88 colors for under $25. Check out www.coastalscents.com

    ReplyDelete